In my previous three posts I reviewed the top four things you should reduce or eliminate from your eating habits. Do you remember? Okay… let’s review:
- Processed Fats: Processed Fats are fats destroyed through cooking at temperatures above 118 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Animal Flesh (yes red meat) and Poultry
- Dairy Products: Milk & Cheese
- Acid Addictions: Caffeine & Sugar
#4 Reduce or Eliminate Acid Addictions
A diet that promotes over-acidification of the blood and tissues…will develop growth of virus, bacteria, yeast and fungus- which are decomposers of cells and tissues in the human body. To reduce and eliminate acid you need a diet consisting of live alkaline foods: dark green and yellow vegetables, soy beans, spouted nuts, seeds, grains, and essential fatty acids. This eating lifestyle lowers the over acidification of the blood and tissues with its abundance of bases and alkaline salts.
Reduce or Eliminate the Following Acid Addictions:
Caffeine can compromise one’s health and vitality by weakening the body’s forces.
- Caffeine stimulates the adrenal glands to produce adrenaline and cortisone, hormones your body depends on to elevate heart rate, increase respiration, and blood pressure. Eventually the adrenal glands become exhausted and stop responding, leaving you more vulnerable to health hazards.
- It can acutely affect cardiovascular system (high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, or arrhythmias or palpitations in the hearts of susceptible individuals), the digestive system (stomach upset, ulcers, diarrhea, reduced nutrient absorption), and energy expenditure.
- Possible links between caffeine and disease: bladder cancer in men, breast cancer in women, and birth defects (when taken by pregnant woman).
- Other consequences include restlessness, anxiety, irritability, muscle tremors, sleeplessness, chronic fatigue, and headaches.
- If you are someone who needs caffeine… drink wild green tea as a natural alternative.
Processed refined sugar is very acidic and increases glucose levels in the blood rapidly. Glucose is the first thing to be metabolized by yeast, bacteria, fungus, and mold in the body. This creates a highly acidic environment where disease thrives. Sugar is an addictive drug that causes diabetes, obesity, coronary thrombosis, tooth and gum decay, varicose veins, stomach trouble, and mental disturbances (indirectly).
The negative effects of nicotine abuse are well known. I don’t think we need to say more. These include increased risk of heart disease, lung cancer, stroke, emphysema, and hypertension. If you are smoking…you’re just plain stupid!
We all know that over consumption of alcohol is damaging. Hey… I really do enjoy a nice glass of wine, beer or a cocktail on the weekends… okay… maybe a like more than one. 🙂
I do save the alcohol consumption for the weekend after I eat, train and provide my body with all the good stuff first. The one thing I would recommend is that you hydrate before drinking alcohol and immediately drink water or an alkalizing beverage to balance out your PH level after drinking alcohol. (Wheat grass, lemon water etc.)
Do your best to avoid all “white” foods such as: wheat products, breads, rice, sugar, and potatoes. This is because these foods are all very high carbohydrate, high glycemic foods; therefore the consumption of these foods spike our blood sugar. If you need or like to have some carbs… substitute with sweet potatoes or some whole grain double protein bread.
Vinegar is the product of decay and contains acetic acid which affects the liver in much the same way that alcohol does. Vinegar thickens the blood-putting a strain on the functioning of the arteries and the heart-and also interferes with the digestion of the starch.
The dangers of drugs are obvious…but the potential dangers of prescription drugs are not so well publicized. In fact, billions of dollars are spent each year marketing the positive effects of prescription drugs. Over the counter drugs should not be considered 100% safe. Common pain killers can cause stomach irritation or even bleeding, and some allergy medications have side effects such as irregular heartbeat. Some of my closest friends have become addicted to pain medication after surgery and injuries. Prescription drugs are one of the leading cause of death in recent years… do your best to research what is being prescribed and seek alternative solutions.
Please be sure to leave a comment and I will reply as soon as I can. Remember to share if you care. I would greatly appreciate it if you took the time to share on Facebook or LinkedIn. If you have any questions, you can always email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be my honor to serve in any way I can. If you would like to find further information about how Empowered Mastery can help your personal life or business… please visit our website at www.empoweredmastery.com.
Live Life to the Fullest!
Master Paul Melella Jr.
Tips from this article
- If you are going to drink alcohol… hydrate before and immediately drink alkalizing beverages before going to bed.
- If you want to eat bread… eat whole grain-double protein bread instead. Need carbs? Then eat sweet potatoes instead of pasta or baked potatoes.
- Drink wild green tea instead of coffee… just drink water instead of soda (soda is just plain stupid!)
Master Melella is a 6th degree black belt in Taekwondo and a former National Level Competitor, coach and an avid practitioner. He has been training in the martial arts since 1982 and works diligently to share his specialized knowledge and passion with as many people as he can. He continues to train daily and is under the tutelage of Grandmaster Byung Min Kim where he visits him on a weekly basis advancing his martial arts skills, knowledge of meditation and healthy lifestyle.
Master Melella is an active athlete competing in 1/2 marathons, X Terra off road triathlons, overnight relay running and mountain bike races. He was the 2014 USA Cycling Cross Country Mountain Bike National Champion at the age of 40 years old. He is the co author of the best selling book, YOU Have Infinite Power and has spent the past 20 years traveling around the world studying some of the influential leaders that teach peak performance, personal growth and healthy living.
Master Melella is married to his wife Gina Melella since 2000 who is also an active Tae Kwon Do and Kickboxing Instructor. They have two children; Kiahna Isabel and Pierce Michael.
Master Melella’s Life’s Purpose:
To be an inspirational leader. To enjoy a healthy – vital life of love, gratitude, passion, growth, financial abundance and contribution. I will do this by living my life to its full potential, leading by example and sharing my specialized knowledge. I will do this for myself, my family and the students I teach around the world.